The Colosseum is located in the center of Rome City and this beautiful structure is one of the most visited attractions in the whole world.
Colosseum is also known as Flavian Amphitheatre because of its amphitheatrical shape and it was constructed by emperors of the Flavian dynasty.
Nearly 6 million tourists visit the Colosseum every year and it is the second most visited place in Italy. Here are 10 10 Secret details you might not know about Colloseum.
1) The walls used to be painted in bright colors
2) Stone from the Colosseum is in other buildings
3) Titus filled the Colosseum with water
4) Working at the games or even attending could be risky
5) Not everyone who attended was treated equally
6) There was protection from the sun
7) Tickets were free
8) There were crowd giveaways
9) Thousands of animals died
10) Not every battle ended in death